© Rørosmuseet

The old mining road to Storwartz Mine

The old mining road offers an excellent cycling trip along an historical trail. In 1646, King Christian IV wrote a letter of Privelege giving Røros copperworks the sole rights to minerals, forests, waterways and labour within a radius of four old Norwegian miles, or roughly 40 km (The Circumference). The point of compasses was located close to Storwartz, which is in the middle of the Circumference.